The Fair Practices Office is the Workers Compensation Board’s organizational ombudsman. As an advocate for fair practices, we offer a free confidential service to claimants, their dependents, and employers who feel they have not been treated fairly by the WCB.
Fair practice includes:
- Treating all claimants and employers with respect and courtesy.
- Making decisions within a reasonable length of time.
- Promptly responding to telephone messages and emails.
- Making decisions in accord with legislation, policy and guidelines.
- Explaining decisions in plain language and explaining how the documented facts support the decisions.
If you feel you have not been treated fairly, call us, however we do not hear appeals and we cannot change decisions. If you are not sure whether your concern is within our mandate, call us to find out if we are able to assist.
If you want more information about our mandate and our services:
- See the WCB policy that defines role and mandate
- Download the brochure
- Download the 2017 Annual Report